No Pet Left Behind
Cause 4Paws Gary, INC has designed this program is to help reduce pet overpopulation of dogs and cats in Lake County, Indiana providing residents with affordable, responsible pet ownership services and providing temporary pet food support (3-6 months). The target group is those who are suffering from an adverse financial hardship, or are receiving assistance from the following agencies:
- Major VA Disability
- SSI/SSI Disability
- EBT Food Stamp Assistance
We encourage spay/neuter services to reduce pet overpopulation. It curbs the spread of disease and helps to prevent life-threatening and expensive painful surgeries of your household pets.
Cause 4Paws Gary is an official spay/neuter assist group with Pet-Friendly Indiana Services(formerly Spay-Neuter Services of Indiana). We can help to facilitate the low-cost spay/neuter voucher for $25.00 when you meet the above-listed qualifications.
VACCINES AND E-COLLARS ARE ADDITIONAL TO THE $25.00 VOUCHER. Guardians can choose to vaccinate their pets on their own prior to the surgery or at the time of surgery. If the Guardian chooses to have the pet(s) vaccinated at the time of surgery, you will be required to pay for those services directly to the participating veterinarian.
Street Cats(outside): $75.00
Offers rental of humane traps, or assistance from the Guardian to trap members of the colony. Spay/neuter, ear-tip, rabies vaccine, pain medication, and return to base camp.
Emergency Medical Care:
Medical assistance funding is available for owned pets on a limited basis to assist with emergency surgeries and cancer cases. Subject to availability. Does not cover routine vaccinations,x-rays, bloodwork, and grooming. Funding may cover a portion of the office visit at a pre-approved veterinarian for a diagnosis or second opinion. There is no guarantee that services will be approved. Payment is made directly to the vet's office. Funding can not be used to reimburse a pet owner.
Pawp.com teleconference with a licensed veterinarian 24/7 and a $3000.00 emergency medical fund.
PET FOOD GUIDELINES
The Gary Pet Food Pantry is designed to be a temporary support system (3 to 6 months) for owned pets in need. It is NOT designed to sustain animals for the duration of their life.
You must apply online EACH MONTH before the deadline to participate. We have a NEW registration link for each month. If you try to use an old registration link your application will not be accepted.
- ONE REQUEST PER HOUSEHOLD
- Anyone attempting to acquire more supplies than allotted per household will result in all parties being banned from the pantry.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to apply
- You will need to print out your E-Ticket from your confirmation email
- Your State ID or Driver's License address MUST match your application address
- You MUST be a Lake County, Indiana resident
- Only the applicant can pick up the requested pet supplies. If you send someone in your place, they will be refused service and the applicant will be removed from future pantries
- Participants can only order supplies for the pets in their household or colony.
- Proof of assistance is required (please bring it with you)
- Proof of vaccinations & spay/neuter status is required (please bring it with you)
- Please have your E-ticket printed out for pick-up
- We DO NOT offer a delivery service
- The Gary Pet Food Pantry is NOT an order fulfillment center. We distribute what we have available. DO NOT CONTACT US ASKING HOW MUCH WE ARE GIVING AWAY.
- Participants that attempt to request or exchange distributed supplies will be banned from future participation.
- Pet food supplies are for OWNED pets and Colony Guardians ONLY.
- Multiple requests for supplies from the same household will result in both parties being removed from registration.
- You may NOT add new animals to your supply requests.
- All animals in your household(dog/cat) must be spayed or neutered or enrolled in our program to continue to receive support.
- Any participant that fails to show up for at least two consecutive months will be banned from future registrations.
- Participation in the pantry is a privilege, not a right
- It is the participant’s responsibility to read and follow the rules.
- Fighting, bullying, or any other threatening behavior towards other participants will NOT be tolerated.
- Any resident that is rude, disrespectful, or disruptive with our volunteers in ANY way, will be permanently banned from the pantry